Grow the world's best restaurants through technology & finance.
inKind.com is a restaurant experience technology first and foremost. We allow restaurants owners to provide the best hospitality experience in the industry by using our house account management platform and mobile apps. We then finance the growth of a subset of our hospitality clients to allow them the most affordable restaurant capital in existence.
We envision a world where you walk into your favorite restaurants and the entire staff instantly recognizes you, knows all about you & your preferences, and provides you with a customized and unique experience. At the end of your amazing meal, you simply get up and walk out. No bill or taking out a credit card. Your experience is automatically deducted from your house account and your pre-set gratuity charged to your credit card.
We started this company by starting our own restaurant in Washington, D.C., Prequel DC. Prequel provides us with the domain expertise of managing a restaurant and a test playground to try out our latest features. Where else can you be a developer or marketer one day and a bartender the next? Sound fun? Join us! The Role
We've spent the last 3 years perfecting our restaurant and finance expertise through a number of iterations. We've found our product market fit and our long term strategy. We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer, specializing in Rails & React Native, to help us scale our polished product and engineering team. You'll work closely with the entire inKind team and our customers to automate several of our time-tested workflows, scale our current product to multiple countries, and manage remote engineers. Your direct report will be inKind's CTO & Co-Founder, Miles, and together, you'll grow the inKind engineering team.
This is the type of person we're looking for:
Working at inKind
- You are excited about our mission. When you stack rank criteria for your next job, mission is at or near the top of the list. Millions of API requests and international load balancing doesn't mean squat if it's not reshaping the entire hospitality industry.
- You are an experienced builder. You have experience building full stack websites. Bonus points for these or similar tools: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, AWS, EC2, CloudFront, Docker, HTML, JS, CSS, React Native.
- You are self-sufficient. You'll be working in constant contact with our entire team, but each of our members are expected to own whatever it is they're working on. Get a task, run with it, own it, and ask for help when you need it.
- You like people. Having good relationships with your users and your colleagues makes work more fun and makes the product better. In the past, you've mentored junior developers and loved sharing what you know.
- You are omnivorous. You've tackled projects up and down the stack like building APIs and integrations, creating beautiful user experiences and getting deep into data models to create analytics dashboards.
Here's what we offer:
- A fun, foodie work environment in downtown Austin. We have a company house and cook fun and interesting things nightly. Better come hungry.
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- Flexible vacation & remote work (we don't micromanage number of vacation days. Traveling? That's cool, just make sure deadlines are met and you're good. Each of us travel all over the world very frequently.)
- A lot of food and wine. Like, a ridiculous amount.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
. Include your resume and any relevant work you'd like to share.