inKind is looking for a Mid-to-Sr Ruby on Rails Developer w/ a focus on back-end to help us take our platform to the next level. Compensation is very competitive and benefits are excellent. We've been in bootstrapped startup mode for a while now, but things are taking off and we're rapidly accelerating our growth. We're entering an exciting phase of building new things as we grow and want you to be a part of it. Our stack currently uses Rails, React, and React Native. We're building more in react, python, node, and C# and are looking for strong back-end developers to play a critical role in building out our platforms as we scale. It's a blue sky opportunity to do things the"right" way from the ground up, creating a delightful experience for our customers as we help them discover and fall in love with local restaurants we help finance. Responsibilities:
This is a key position where you will play an important role in influencing architecture decisions. As a Back-End Rails Developer at inKind, you are first and foremost an expert problem solver with a love for code and a maker's mentality. Responsibilities include everything from planning out data models to optimizing complex reporting queries, architecting API integrations with numerous 3rd parties, and working with the broader team to support API endpoints for our app, and providing models for our internal/external portals, complete with data visualizations and charts. You stay up to date on new frameworks and tools to speed up development, while keeping a sharp eye out for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases. You'll work on modernizing the existing code base, play a key role in building out new platforms, and (once up to speed) train and mentor new developers. You will work closely with the CTO and Product Team at our office (Post-COVID-Vaccination), as well as our distributed team of remote developers. Required Skills/Qualifications:
- 5+ years professional software development experience, preferably touching multiple web stacks.
- 3+ years w/ Ruby on Rails
- Up-to-date expertise w/ core web stack (HTML, CSS, JS, and at least 1 js framework).
- Solid understanding of SQL, including joins, views, stored procs, recursive queries, functions, indexing, and performance optimization.
- Expert familiarity with the rails way of working with complex relationships between ActiveRecord models.
- Experience writing good test coverage, especially for complex flows.
- Experience designing & architecting new features and solutions from scratch.
- Experience with both sides of API development (designing API endpoints for 3rd parties, and consuming 3rd party API endpoints in a variety of formats).
- You're always looking for ways to work faster & more efficiently, while balancing competing concerns (tech debt, cost, security, complexity, etc).
- Excellent proactive communicator who can work effectively w/ others, both in-person (post-pandemic/vaccination) and remotely.
- You're not afraid to raise concerns, ask questions, and enjoy helping mentor others on the team.
- Keen eye for bugs & security issues, both while writing your own code, or doing code-reviews.
- Takes initiative in finding and fixing bugs before shipping.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bugs, no matter where they show up (dev, test, staging, or production).
While not required, experience with any of the following would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- DevOps experience, particularly w/ Kubernetes & AWS
- Stripe and/or other payment processing providers
- SMS integrations
- Mobile push notifications
- Python & Django
- React Native