A Sr. Full-Stack Rails Developer at inKind is primarily responsible for developing, documenting, and deploying new features for the APIs used by our apps and 3rd party integrations, as well as the web front-end for our internal and client-facing portals. Responsibilities:
A Sr. Full-Stack Rails Developer at inKind is first and foremost an expert problem solver with a love for code and a maker's mentality. Responsibilities include everything from planning out data models to optimizing complex reporting queries, integrating with numerous 3rd parties, and working with the product team to build intuitive GUIs for our internal/external portals, complete with data visualizations and charts. You stay up to date on new gems, frameworks, and tools to speed up development, while keeping a sharp eye out for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases that may result in unwanted behaviors. You'll work on modernizing the existing code base, making quick tweaks, and (once up to speed) train and mentor more junior developers. You would work closely with the CTO and Product Team at our office (Post-COVID), as well as our distributed team of developers. This is a senior level position where you would play a key role in influencing architecture decisions. Required Skills/Qualifications:
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- 4+ years w/ Ruby on Rails w/ a deep, complete understanding.
- Solid foundation of Object Oriented programming paradigms, both in Ruby and other languages.
- Deep understanding of SQL, including joins, views, stored procs, recursive queries, functions, indexing, and performance optimization, both directly, and via ActiveRecord.
- Experience writing good tests, especially for complex flows.
- Experience designing & architecting full-stack solutions from scratch.
- Experience stepping into and working with large existing Rails projects.
- Experience building API integrations into existing complex systems.
- Experience working w/ Docker, Kubernetes, & AWS.
- Experience with both sides of API development (designing API endpoints for 3rd parties, and consuming 3rd party API endpoints in a variety of formats).
- Experience developing Oauth integrations.
- Experience updating gems, Ruby versions, and Rails versions without loss of functionality.
- Creative problem solver who keeps up on new gems, libraries, etc, and can effectively assess their staying power & any concerns (security, patching, required dependencies, etc).
- You're always looking for ways to work faster & more efficiently, while balancing competing concerns (tech debt, cost, security, complexity, etc).
- Excellent proactive communicator who can work effectively w/ others, both in-person (post-pandemic/vaccination) and remotely.
- You're not afraid to raise concerns, ask questions, and enjoy helping mentor others on the team.
- Keen eye for bugs, doing code-reviews.
- Keen eye for security issues & app hardening.
- Takes initiative in finding and fixing bugs before shipping.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bugs, no matter where they show up (dev, test, staging, or production).
While not required, any/all of the following qualifications and skills would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- DevOps expertise w/ certifications in Kubernetes & AWS
- SMS integrations
- Mobile push notifications
- Python & Django
- React.js, & React Native